In customized ASP.NET development, a common move to production from development (for brand new install) may include:-
- Copying files to production.
- Making a database in production and running the fundamental scripts to instate database
- Performing configurations if necessary
Upgrading ASP.NET application may make the accompanying the steps:-
- Replacing any existing files to production
- Updating database to the latest version by running sql scripts.
Overview of DNN
The real difference between DotNetNuke and conventional applications is that it has various documents that are really, modified underway and you would prefer not to replace these when publishing.
The other difference is that DNN website development and its applications contains various sub-applications known as modules, these are intended to be conveyed into production through the interface during installation.